Today is a sad day. It’s my last day in my sunny Greenwich office before I move to a dark, cold corner in Stamford. Gone are the days of having an entire wing to myself and a semi-decent commute. I’d like to take a moment to say goodbye to the things that I have come to know, love and loathe about this place:
– My cube, which is now all packed up into a quarter of a large box because all I really have here is oatmeal. I will miss my large window, tall walls and the fact that I had to do acrobatics over the divider in order to adjust the temperature of the room.
My Mandalay Bay cup will definitely be moving with me.
– The greenhouse effect. No matter the season, I could always count on my cube heating up to an uncomfortable 700 degrees between 3 and 4pm. Not everyone can say they wear sunglasses at work.
– My friends next door. The most devastating part of this move is that I will no longer be able to walk right next door and get my morning coffee, snacks, batteries or compliments on my outfits. These people are my buddies – I’ve seen them come and go, and learned to love new employees. My favorite friend is the car wash guy who witnessed me fall twice and won’t let me forget it. See ya never, guys…
– The lovely landscaping. My new office shares a space with shipping and receiving and features a view of picnic tables and a brick wall – nothing compared to the lush foliage surrounding the parking lot here.
Love me my fountain…
Fond memories of the obnoxious construction of this walkway.
Do they even have flowers in Stamford?
– The yoga studio, more specifically, the yoga moms who can’t park their BMW SUVs or use their own parking spaces. I’m sure the yoga ladies will be happy to see us go so they can continue to use up our spaces – usually 2 spots per vehicle because they can’t seem to grasp the concept of driving a car. I’ll miss you guys…but not really; I actually hate you a lot.
RIP office. You certainly were never my favorite destination, but I would choose you over my new dungeon any day.