I joined the masses and read and watched The Hunger Games. The book was entertaining (reminiscent of Shirley Jackson’s “The Lottery”), and only took me two days to read, and I really liked the movie too.
Here are some things I liked about the movie:
– Katniss looks like my sister.
– The movie stays true to the book.
– I didn’t realize Elizabeth Banks and Woody Harrelson are in it.
– Stanley Tucci is hilarious with his blue hair and his laugh.
– The sponsors send Katniss body glitter to heal her burns – def. an essential survival tool.
– District 12 looks like the 1930s.
– Liam Hemsworth is hot.
Things I didn’t like:
– Jennifer Lawrence with her bodacious body is the last person I would believe to have led a life of starvation.
– Lenny Kravitz is weirdly sexual as Cinna.
– People die.
– Peeta is cute, but too short for Katniss.
– Liam Hemsworth is dating Miley Cyrus.